Purdue Dining & Catering Policies
This Refund Policy effective March 22, 2010, applies to credit and debit card payments. A valid reason is required for a refund. Only managers or supervisors are allowed to give refunds. All refunds must be submitted with the original receipt that has the following information:
- Date of transaction
- Check Number
- Items purchased
- Last four digits of the credit/debit card used
Once a refund is issued, the credit can take up to five business days to appear on the user’s statement.
All refunds and adjustments will be made to the original credit/debit card that was used for the returned purchase. Existing regulations prohibit the University from making a refund in cash when payment was made with a credit/debit card. If you do not receive the credit/debit card refund within five business days, please contact the PMU Cashier's Office at (765) 494-8942.
- The Purdue Dining & Catering gift card is presently accepted at selected retail location on the West Lafayette campus only.
- The Purdue Dining & Catering gift card has no purchase fee.
- The Purdue Dining & Catering gift card is reloadable. The initial purchase and any subsequent reloads must be in specific whole United States dollar amounts.
- If a Purdue Dining & Catering gift card is not used in any one year period, an inactivity fee of $5.00 will be assessed on the month after the one year period and each month thereafter until further activity occurs or a zero balance exists.
- The purchase of a Purdue Dining & Catering gift card is the purchase of a prepaid card and does not establish a deposit account or like account and not interest accrues or is paid on the Purdue Dining & Catering gift card balances.
- You may call 765-494-6393 or visit the Purdue Dining & Catering website at dining.purdue.edu to obtain information about fees related to the Purdue Dining & Catering gift card.
- If your Purdue Dining & Catering gift card is lost , stolen or damaged and a replacement card is required, you may call 765-494-6393 or go to dining.purdue.edu. Please retain your receipt issued at the initial purchase of your Purdue Dining & Catering gift card. This receipt is required to obtain any replacement card.
- Purdue Dining & Catering gift card balances may not be redeemed for cash and balances may be used only at locations accepting the Purdue Dining & Catering gift card.
- You may check a balance on a Purdue Dining & Catering gift card or reload the card at any Purdue Dining & Catering retail dining location.
- The Purdue Dining & Catering gift card does not expire
Use of the Union Commons Gift Cards constitutes acceptance of the terms implied above and any questions should be directed to Union Retail Dining Services, 494-8927.