Purdue Dining & Catering serves approximately 3.5 million meals each year. Most of the food is purchased directly from the manufacturer by our Food Stores buyers. We use many familiar name brands including Kellogg’s, Campbell’s, General Mills, Kraft, Keebler, Pillsbury, Otis Spunkmeyer, Dannon, Smucker’s, Bush’s Beans, Pepperidge Farm, Schwan’s, Sara Lee, Wesson Oils, Yoplait, Dole, Simplot, Frito-Lay, Heinz, Hershey, Hormel, Little Debbie, Peter’s Chocolate, Prairie Farms, Red Gold, Sweet Baby Ray’s, Quaker, and Zerega.
Here are some interesting facts about Dining Services
- Each year, Purdue students scarf down enough pounds of chicken strips, chicken nuggets, and popcorn chicken to equal 50 Ford Mustangs. Bock, Bock!
- Our students drink 227,441 gallons of milk and juice annually, enough for 15 families to fill their swimming pools! Dive in!
- The 161,000 Pop-Tarts eaten last year is almost 13 miles of brown sugar and strawberry fun!
- We bake enough Otis Spunkmeyer cookies to give each fan in Ross-Ade Stadium a cookie for every home game. Go Boilers!
- We could border I-65 from West Lafayette to Indianapolis with the pizza and breadsticks used last year. That’sa lotta Italian!
- Our students eat enough Pillsbury biscuits to build 372 stacks in Mackey Arena from the basketball court to the ceiling.
- We can circle the West Lafayette campus twice with the amount of bagels used in a year. Oy vey!
- Students eat enough burgers to cover the entire field in Mollenkopf Athletic Center.