Request a Meal Plan Change
Spring Semester Meal Plan Changes
If you want to change your meal plan for the 2017 Spring Semester, you may submit your change request beginning Monday, December 19, 2016 at noon. Meal plan changes should be made at https://myhousing.purdue.edu/StarRezPortal.
Important Note: The deadline to lower your meal swipes or switch between the traditional and Block Plans for the 2017 Spring Semester is Sunday, January 8, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Daylight Time). Beginning Monday, January 9, 2017, only requests to increase the number of meal swipes within the traditional meal plans will be accepted. At that time your request to increase the number of meal swipes within your traditional meal plan should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, your Purdue ID Number, and the meal plan you want to increase to.
Once your meal plan has been changed, you will receive a confirmation at your Purdue email address.
- If you select an 8-Track meal plan to start the housing contract and want more meals, you can move up to the 13-Track or one of the Boiler Flex Unlimited plans anytime during the semester. The difference in cost will be billed to your MyPurdue account.
- If you select the 13-Track meal plan to start the housing contract, you can move up to one of the the Boiler Flex Unlimited Plans anytime during the semester. The difference in cost will be billed to your MyPurdue account.
- If you start the housing contract with the Boiler Block Plan or the Boiler Gold Plan, you are not eligible to change plans until semester break.
- If you start the housing contract with the Boiler Flex Unlimited 500 Plan, you are not eligible to change plans until semester break.
- If you are assigned to Hawkins Hall, Hilltop Apartments or The Cottages Apartments and start the housing contract with a meal plan, you are no longer eligible to change to a room-only plan for the remainder of the housing contract term.
- If you are changing plans at semester break and moving up or down into a new plan, any unspent Dining Dollars will roll over to the new plan.
The Fine Print
When choosing a meal plan please be aware that you are signing up for the full academic year. You can increase your meal plan at any time during the semester, but you cannot drop the meal plan while you are living in University Residences. For the 2016-17 Academic Year, residents of Hawkins Hall, Hilltop Apartments, and The Cottages Apartments are not required to purchase a meal plan. However, students assigned to Hawkins Hall, Hilltop Apartments, or The Cottages Apartments who wish to change to a room-only plan must do so prior to the start of the Fall 2016 contract. Current residents of non-apartment halls who transfer to Hilltop Apartments or Hawkins Hall can select a room-only plan when they are initially assigned. Residents of Hawkins Hall, Hilltop Apartments, or The Cottages Apartments on a room-only plan may eat at any residential dining services location by changing their meal plan in the housing contract portal here or by using a BoilerExpress account.